Dear Parent or Guardian:
This school year your Student will receive Sexual Health Education as part of the CPS Sexual Health Education Policy, beginning May 2nd, 2022.
The lessons for Grade 10 are:
- Lesson 1: Students’ Sexual Health Bill of Rights and Unit Expectations
- Lesson 2: Taking Care of Your Body – Review of Reproductive and Sexual Anatomy
- Lesson 3: Our Community Sexual Health Resources
- Lesson 4: Trust It or Trash It? – Examining Online Sexual Health Resources
- Lesson 5: What Does It Mean to Have a Healthy Relationship?
- Lesson 6: Using Technology Respectfully and Responsibly
- Lesson 7: The Realities of Sexual Assault
- Lesson 8: Sexual Health Questions for Teenagers to Consider and Practice Asking
- Lesson 9: Healthy Relationships and Consent
- Lesson 10: Let Me Tell You – Study Communication Styles and How to Talk About STIs
- Lesson 11: Know Your Options – Contraception Review
- Lesson 12: Sexual Pleasure
- Lesson 13: Advocating for Our Space, Safe Space – Discussion on Advocacy
- Lesson 14: It’s Your Turn – Teaching Others About Being a Healthy Sexual Literate Person
The Board acknowledges that parents/guardians are the primary sexuality educators for their child/children. Alcott College Prep is committed to partnering with you to provide supplementary instruction to students via the sexual health education lessons.
In alignment with Illinois law (“No pupil shall be required to take or participate in any class or course on AIDS or family life instruction if his parent or guardian submits written objection thereto, and refusal to take or participate in the course or program shall not be reason for suspension or expulsion of the pupil.” 105 ILCS 110/3), a parent/guardian must provide a timely written objection to opt their child/children out of participating in any CPS Sexual Health Education course. No student with a written parental objection will be suspended or expelled for refusal to participate in any such course. If you wish to have your child excused from participation, please inform me in writing.
Ms. Tiffany Greathouse, M.S.Ed
Don't Miss A Thing!
Subscribe to get the latest school events, news and updates directly in your inbox!